FINDING REBAR, PIPES AND LIVE WIRES IN CONCRETE AND MASONRY
Cordless detection systems
It’s often difficult to know what lies beneath the surface of a floor, or ceiling or wall when you’re working onsite.
But our Hilti cordless concrete scanners can find what’s there, without the need to physically remove concrete or other base material.
Use our detection systems to locate metal and non-metal objects before you drill, core, saw or cut.
Avoid hits and find the position of:
- Rebar – including depth of concrete cover and size of rebar
- PT cables/tendons
- Concrete beams
- Pipes – metal and non-metal, such as PVC
- Live wires
Layout of embedded objects in multiple layers of base materials:
Just scan where you want to work, and you’ll see the hidden objects in 2D or 3D, in real time, on the screen of the cordless detection tool or on an onsite tablet.
REAL-TIME STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS
You can use our onsite tablet and the immediate scan data shown on the devices’ screens, to mark up your wall or floor onsite. Just use our:
- PS 250 Ferroscan
But for a more detailed structural analysis, or to archive data or to print reports, you can download the scan data into our Hilti software programs – PROFIS Detection and PROFIS Ferroscan Map.
All our systems are cordless, shock, dust and water resistant, making them extremely portable and robust.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DETECTION SYSTEMS
Hit prevention and non-destructive testing
Using detection tools and software have many benefits:
- They avoid having to open the existing structure to locate objects or measure rebar size.
- They help to improve safety and avoid accidents onsite, such as cutting through a live electrical conduit or a tension cable.
- They also help to avoid project delays and reduce the risk of costly structural damage and repairs.